Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Is your child ready for PE??

I have bus duty every morning at Davis. I stand outside with my trusty clipboard and check the buses in. Sounds like fun huh? Well can I just tell you…it's really one of the most enjoyable parts of the day! I get to see the students right when they hit the ground at school.

Some of the children still look dead asleep. Their eyes barely open. Their hair disheveled because they got up to late to brush it…or they just don’t care. They pull their neat little rolling book bags (some really cool ones have lights on them), and they make their way to their class.

But then, I get the student who jumps off that last step of the bus, comes right up to me and blurts out, “I have PE today, Coach Jones!! I’ll see you there!!” I love this enthusiasm for Phys Ed! It is truly awesome!

Parents, I just have one small request!!

Please check your child’s schedule, and find out what day they have PE. Once you get their schedule…please….help us make sure they wear the appropriate shoes to school on their Physical Education days.

I know it has been as hot as the Sahara Desert lately, but we are seeing way too many flip-flops, crocs, and sandals. These types of shoes are not appropriate for Phys Ed. Please follow our guidelines for what makes a “good” PE shoe:

1- the shoe should completely cover the toes
2- the shoe should have a soft (rubber) sole
3- the shoe should have a full heel

We would really prefer a lace-up athletic shoe.

Thanks for your help!!

No comments: